To search for local services, support and advice;
1. You can search for local services using the main service types on the homepage: ‘Leisure & Social Activities; Self Help & Advice & Support Services’.
- Within these areas you can choose a sub-category from the drop-down list to help you find exactly what you are looking for.
For example, if you are looking to refer an individual to a support group, who is caring for somebody with learning disabilities you would click on ‘Self-Help’, select the ‘Caring’ sub-category, and then browse the results.
- If you would like to filter the results further, you can use the filters on the right hand side of the screen.
- There are also further search options to help you quickly find what you’re looking for:
- You can search by keyword using the ‘search by keyword’ on homepage.
- You can search for everything within your local postcode area using the Search by Location field on the homepage. Enter your postcode into the field and click on Search – you can then confirm the mile radius. The results will automatically update the search results.
- You can use the Advanced search to find support services for specific health conditions, or user groups.
- Finally, you can browse the directory via the A-Z search; either by organisation name, or by activity name.
2. Once you have found a suitable service that you would like to refer yourself to, click on the ‘Refer myself’ button in the listing – you will then need to complete a short form to provide your contact details.
3. Once completed, click on ‘Submit Referral’. Your details are then sent to the service provider, who will then make contact with you about accessing this service.
If you need any further support whilst searching for services, or referring yourself, please contact the team:
For Connect Well Mid Essex (covering Braintree, Chelmsford and Maldon districts): firstname.lastname@example.org
For My Social Prescription (covering Colchester and Tendring districts): email@example.com